This policy has been recently revised, in the light of the European Regulation n. 2016/679 concerning the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data, as well as the free circulation of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (general data protection regulation, hereinafter “GDPR“). Below is a summary of the changes and the updated policy.
Last update: June 2019
A cookie is a small text file in which brief information is collected about a user’s activity on a website and stored on the device that has accessed the site. Cookies do not damage the device and enable us to guarantee a better and faster navigation on our website. In particular, cookies allow us to store within the browser information to be reused during the current visit (session cookies) or during subsequent visits, even after a long time (persistent cookies). Cookies cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive, or transmit computer viruses, or acquire e-mail addresses.
– Types of cookies
Cookies can be divided into two macro-categories: technical and profiling ones. For the installation of cookies called “technical”, the prior consent of the users is not required, as these cookies ensure normal navigation and use of the website and are indispensable for the functioning of the website or necessary to perform activities requested by the user. Among the technical cookies, the Italian Data Protection Authority includes:
- “navigation cookies” or session cookies (to authenticate, to make a purchase, etc.),
- “analytics cookies” to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the website,
- “functionality cookies”, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided for them.
The matter is different for profiling cookies, ie those designed to create user profiles and they are used to send advertising messages on the basis of the preferences displayed by users when surfing the net. For these cookies, the European and Italian legislation requires that users must be adequately informed about their use to express their valid consent. Profiling cookies also include those referred to as “third parties”, ie cookies of sites or web servers other than the visited one. A notable example is the presence of social plugins for Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. These are parts of the visited page generated directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the page of the host site.
– Cookies used by this site
The cookie used by this site is part of the category “Technical cookies” used for the sole purpose of allowing the user to browse the Internet or to provide, to the extent strictly necessary, the services requested by the user.
Below is the name, purpose of use and storage times of the technical cookie used by this site.
|Name||Cookie type||Purpose||Storage time|
|CookieScriptConsent||Navigation/session cookie||CookieConsent blocks the third-party cookies on your site in a preventive and automatic way and unblocks them only with the explicit consent of the visitor by clicking on the consent button, scrolling the page or clicking on any element of the page.||One month|
The “functionality cookie” used on this site avoids the use of other IT techniques that are potentially detrimental to the privacy of users’ browsing and do not allow the acquisition of personal identification data of the user.
– Management of cookies
The user can authorize, block or delete (in whole or in part) cookies through the specific functions of his navigation program (browser).
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT
More information and details on the various types of cookies www.aboutcookies.org
– Anonymous browsing
If you do not consent to the use of the cookie listed above, we invite you to use the anonymous browsing tool, which almost all browsers provide. In this way, when the anonymous browsing window is closed, all the collected cookies will be automatically deleted.